Saint Albert’s College
In 1955 the Dominican Order was invited by the Bishop of Armidale, Most Reverend E.J.Doody to establish a University College on the UNE Campus.
The all-male University College, now known as St. Albert’s College was founded in 1969. In 1976 the College became co-educational and now houses over 300 male and female residents.
The Dominican Fathers filled the roles of Master, Dean and Chaplain provided academic, pastoral, spiritual, and moral support to students for the next 23 years. They supplied leadership, vision and management to the college and provided the base of operations for the University Chaplaincy.
In 2001 the management of St Albert’s College was handed over to the Catholic Diocese of Armidale under the guidance of Bishop Luc Matthys.